Wednesday, May 26, 2010

feedback

I'm not going to go on a salam pax style rant about the comment i got on one of my posts because i don't like starting arguments with people who don't understand satire and anonymously have goes at people on their blogs. other feedback i have been getting at first made me happy because people are reading it and that makes me feel good, but i have taken one particular comment from my lovely_coffee_companion on board and decided to stop complaining about because i am blessed to actually have a job in such a difficult economic climate, and i am doing something easy that anyone can do, so i am thankful that i do it. i guess i'm just a little sick of being treated like a second class citizen when i have been at the place for almost a year. i don't think that i'm better than this job because let's face it, i don't actually have a degree yet and i don't have any other practical job getting skills. i'd just like it if the the bosses and those above me ie been working there longer, wouldn't talk down to me when asking me to do something or explaining something they think i don't know yet. i am 20 years old now, have a relatively high iq and can understand basic social norms, so when you want to tell me something or ask me to do something just ask me as your colleague. i'm not stupid or slow or inept. i understand. and if i notice something and ask for help don't yell at me or get angry, just accept the situation and move on. when i first started there the bosses told me that "people make mistakes, so when you do just tell us and we'll try and fix it". but that doesn't happen and unless they get a personality make over it never will. and being physically abused by another member of staff is no reason to be told off. i am well within my rights to hate said person so don't you dare yell at me because you hire complete social retards who don't know what is and isn't inappropriate. one last little gripe i have. when you're middle aged and trying to be cool with your young staff, it is not ok to laugh at someone because they are lactose intolerant and due to never once drinking milk in their lives don't know what milk is meant to taste like. not cool, i could sue for that.
ok. so i won't be using my blog to vent about my job any longer. i guess i was just using the space to get things off my chest so i'm not continually unloading on the boy and lovely_girl. they get enough of my negativity from every interaction i have with the_bragger. which is well justified. and about living in bacchus marsh. also well justified. so much negativity from small town people. i know we're meant to be the nicest and most thoughtful in terms of looking out for each other type people, but if you've been out of that circle for a while, it tends to be quite exclusive and hard to relate to. not all groups, just the ones that always bought me down. but perhaps i should become introverted again like i was in high school and tell everything to a psychiatrist. or i could put it in my passport. i had wanted that to be full of my amazing ideas, the kind that if read after my passing would enlighten those i met with the complex inner workings in my brain and the way i see the world around me. i guess i could get another diary and call it job therapy. i wouldn't want to waste a moleskin on it.
tonight the boy and i are going to attempt to watch the worst movie of all time. i bought it with me last time i went to his house but we never got around to watching it. [sunday nights are full of such great, quality entertainment ie doctor who, bones, castle, 30 rock etc.] i hope it is as bad as i've been lead to believe. i have watched glen or glenda, another gem from director/writer/producer/editor edward d. wood jnr and it was pretty damn bad. but i wasn't really in a mindset to watch it so perhaps i will give it another chance. i started watching plan 9 from outer space but decided to wait so i could watch it with the boy. i think these kind of films are better enjoyed with company. if there is one good thing i can say about edward d. wood jnr it's that he is truly an essential example of a true auteur. imagine writing an essay on auteur theory about him... what a dream.
i've decided on three films i wish to do my next cinema essay on, so now i just have to narrow it down to two. i have chosen the topic about the male gaze and the presence of females in classic hollywood films as being somewhat of a spectacle. so the films i have chosen are "the seven year itch", "funny face"/"breakfast at tiffany's" and "psycho". hopefully it will be a good essay, unlike my last.
i brought my thermos to uni today, full to the brim with minestrone soup. i need to start bringing my lunch because i spend way too much money on food when i'm at uni and like i mentioned before, i don't have a lot of money to go throwing around.
i have so many negative people in my like at the moment. i cannot wait until this year is over so that when i'm not invited to stuff when everyone else is i won't feel so bad. especially when, for instance, the_bragger invites the boy to things when the only reason they know each other is through me and without me would have no connection what so ever.

2 comments:

  1. I don't really understand how/why people complain about the content of your blog, because they can choose not to read it. Screw em

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. thanks faye. you're a legend.

    ReplyDelete