Monday, May 17, 2010

damn you imovie

there's someone on my damn computer again. i am planning to be here until 9pm however, so hopefully they have moved on by then and i can jump on and finish my damn my tribe crap. the trouble with imovie is, is that it takes ages to fine tune to share settings to get a compact film that can be uploaded to the internet and still look fucking awesome, so last week when i made the movie and ran out of time to bounce it down, i had hoped i would be able to save the project onto my usb stick and transfer it onto a different computer to bounce down. unfortunately imovie is stupid and the project can only be saved as an imovie project onto the computer it is made on. thus, every time i have been back to this damn lab there has been someone on my computer.
i just got my cinema essay back. it was really bad. i'm a little upset because i usually do pretty well at the whole cinema essay writing thing, but i have been so caught up with other crap going on with my life and these stupidly intense huge projects for my other subjects that i've just let this go by the way side because it's something that i'm used to doing by now and therefore something i shouldn't need to think too much about. it's the same with my damn blogging. we have had to do it so much that it has just been rapidly dropping off to complete non-existence. the most blogging i did for uni was in networked media when our project was all computer and internet based and we had our class at a computer. with it right there it's easy to do, but when you actually have to go out of your way to write up a few blog posts it becomes a major effort.
the guy on my computer must think i'm checking him out or something because i keep turning around to try my jedi mind powers on him and get him to finish up and go home so i can get my damn film off the computer and online.
he's just playing around with letters on photoshop. those design kids must spend half their life on photoshop. bit like me with protools last year. i'm really annoyed with myself about this cinema essay. i've never gotten such a low mark. overall the comments didn't condemn the essay too much, just basically that i wasn't concise or focused i guess would be the word, but i can forgive myself for that. i probably would have done one grade better if my damn computer still had a spell checker. i have fairly disgraceful spelling.
iview wont work on this computer. i thought i might just catch up on some doctor who because i've been working on sundays, but iview doesnt bloody work on this computer. bloody heck. when will the shit end.
two years ago when i was working at the inpress office my life was so much easier. i didn't worry about money or when my next shift was going to be because it was the same time every week. i never missed out on tickets for things because if i did there were always media ones to get. i didn't let my outside life affect my uni work. i didn't worry about my bank balance or where i was going to live. two years ago my life was perfect. i lived for me and didn't care what people thought. i knew who my real friends were. i wasn't attached to anyone and i didn't care. i wasn't tired, or depressed or lazy. i think i need to find someone to talk to who will just listen and not tell me all their problems as well. why can't i clone a mini mr quach and carry him around with me to pull out when i need comforting or encouragement. i never used to be so self conscious or pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment